LaCie Little Big Disk with Thunderbolt I/O is an interesting device and it is indeed useful with your Apple MacBook Pro 2011.
I am the owner of a MacBook Pro and I find the Thunderbolt technology very interesting because it provides a connection to your computer that is very fast. With Thunderbolt you can transfer data with up to 10 gigabit per second from one device to another. It is perfect for fast data backup and that is something that I could use.
I want a LaCie Little Big Disk for my birthday.
What is Thunderbolt?
I do not want to give a complete overview of the Thunderbolt technology but only mention some of the benefits this new technology brings us.
- Extremely fast data transfer.
- Compatible with existing DisplayPort devices (Perfect for us Mac users).
- Daisy-chaining. Chain your Thunderbolt devices so they are wired together in sequence.
Thunderbolt was developed by Intel as was first used by Apple in their computers in 2011.
LaCie Little Big Disk specifications
I have thought of buying the LaCie Little Big Disks in order to try the data transfer myself and use this little device as the Time Machine disk. It could be an interesting test.
The LaCie Little Big Disk is a small aluminum box with a hard drive and two Thunderbolt interfaces.
Here are some LaCie Little Big Disk specifications:
- Capacity: 1 TB, 2 TB or 240 GB SSD hard drive.
- Nice looking aluminum enclosure with heat sink cooling.
- Weight: 650 g.
- Two Thunderbolt ports.